On October 24th we have an election in Muskoka. This is our opportunity to be part of shaping the future of our community.
We need councillors who will prioritize responsible development, environmental protection and strong fiscal management – to Respect, Preserve and Protect Muskoka.
- No more excessive tree clearing and blasting
- No more residential subdivisions on our shorelines – 27 km of Muskoka shoreline are at risk without strong resort development policies
- Protect water quality for swimming and drinking
- Promote watershed management to mitigate flooding
- Effective by-law enforcement
- Responsible and transparent budgets and taxation
- Promote a year-round economy, with high-speed internet and affordable housing
- Address irresponsible short term rentals
- No conflicts of interest
Mayor and councillor positions are part-time. Prospective councillors need to reside, part-time or full-time, in the municipality they plan to represent. Both are paid positions, but there is a significant element of public service in these roles.
The MLA and Friends of Muskoka will be evaluating candidates for council in Gravenhurst, Bracebridge, Township of Muskoka Lakes and Seguin. We will interview all interested candidates and jointly identify those candidates who are aligned with the values of our combined membership base of over 8,000 voters.
Let’s talk if you are considering running for office. Please contact us at email@example.com